JAYBAS 2020 News and Information
JAYBAS would like to announce some new changes and procedures for the Spring 2020 season at Jeffersontown Youth Baseball and Softball league.
- We will no longer be having REC league try-outs at any age group. We have never had try-outs for our Fall seasons and have been able to create competitive and fair teams at every age level. Additionally, we have also added a question to the registration process that asks for primary and secondary positions played. We will use this information for the purpose of making sure that each team is balanced with players at all positions. We will however continue to have a draft process that allows coaches to select their favorite players. We will also continue to do our best to accommodate special requests for players who want to play on teams with their friends or favorite coach.
- REC league registrations will remain open until March 15th. The REC league season will officially kick-off on Saturday April 25th.
- We have created an alliance with other local leagues to enable players who are not selected for our “CAL RIPKEN” all-star teams to have the ability to play on an All-Star team. More details will be available as we progress through the season.
- The City of Jeffersontown will be offering a 20% league registration fee refund to ALL JEFFERSONTOWN RESIDENTS. J’town residents please be on the alert for more information coming in the near future from the City of Jeffersontown.
- The Head Coach/Manager of each team will receive a Concession Stand rewards card from the league as a way for us to say THANK YOU for coaching. This will be approximately a $75 value, allowing each coach to purchase (10) Coach Meal Combos at one of our concession stands.
- ALL Coaches MUST complete a background check. This process requires each coach to register online as Head Coach/Manager or Assistant Coach, and thus pay the background check fee. Upon approval as a coach JAYBAS will reimburse the fee to the Head Coach and up to 2 Assistant Coaches per team.
JAYBAS Board of Directors